The vision of The Garden is to connect women on the broken road of motherhood to healing and wholeness.
Statement of Faith
The Garden’s Core Values
God is Good
- We believe the message, ministry, and sacrifice of Jesus perfectly reveal the nature of God as a good Father. (John 3:16-17; Hebrews 1:2-3; John 14:6-7; Isaiah 9:6; Colossians 1:19; Colossians 2:9; John 1:1; John 1:18; John 8:1 - 11; John 8:19.)
- We believe God is a good Father; we can trust Him regardless of our circumstances. (Romans 8:28-32; James 1:12-18; Hebrews 11:6; Nahum 1:7; Matthew 10:29-31; Acts 16:23 -26.)
- We believe the enemy has come to steal and kill, but Jesus came to destroy demonic works and give us abundant life. (John 10:10-11; 1 John 3:8; Acts 10:38; 1 Peter 5:8-10; Ephesians 6:12; Mark 5: 1-19.)
The Word of God
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible and authoritative Word of God (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17).
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6).
- We believe that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever (Hebrews 13:8).
- We believe that God heals and performs miracles (Psalm 30:2; Exodus 15:26; Jeremiah 30:17; Psalm 77:14).
- We believe God’s design for His people is to live in community. The Elohim God shares community with Himself. (Genesis 1:26, Hebrews 10:24-25, Acts 2:42-47)
- We believe God's goodness is extravagant and living in community helps us remember His goodness. As we remember and retell what He has done through our testimonies in community, faith is created that He is able and eager to do it again. (Romans 10:15-17; Hebrews 13:7-8; Acts 10:34-48; Revelation 19:10; Psalm 44:1-5; Psalm 119:11; Mark 5:18-21; Deuteronomy 6:17-24; 1 Chronicles 16:23-36; Joshua 4:1-9.)
Renewing Our Minds
- We believe that God has the final say and his Word trumps every diagnosis or opinion (Proverbs 16:1).
- We believe that nothing is impossible with God (Mark 10:27; Luke 1:37; Jeremiah 32:27).
- We believe that it is our job to renew our minds with the Word of God. (Romans 12:2)
- We believe that God is not responsible for our hunger, we are. (Matthew 5:6, 2 Timothy 1:6)
- We believe that praise and worship is the most effective weapon of warfare (John 4:23; Revelation 4:11).
- We believe that we have hope even in the most unlikely circumstances because of Jesus. (Romans 5:2, Ephesians 1:12)
- We believe that Jesus is the gift, not pregnancy or babies. (Philippians 3:14, Psalm 16:5)
- We believe women who have hope have the greatest influence. (Romans 15:13)
- We believe that when we love God, he works all things together for our good. (Romans 8:28)
- We believe no matter how ugly the circumstances, God redeems, rewrites, rebuilds, and restores. (Isaiah 61:3)
- We believe God always returns to us what the enemy has stolen. (Joel 2:25)